Wetland education and visitor centres
June 8, 2022
On Wednesday 8 June 2022, Wetland Link International (WLI) organised a webinar about wetland visitor centres and education in three continents!
The webinar shared these examples:
- Wetland centre designers in conversation: Anna Wilson, former Principal Consultant at Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) and Gordon Lescinsky, on creating the new Hobsons Bay Wetland Centre.
- Generation Wild, with Charlotte Levene of WWT, who manages this project enabling less well-off school groups to connect with wetland nature.
- Regional Park Salinas de San Pedro del Pinatar, with María Ciller Marín, who introduces the diverse approaches to education in the unusual setting of high salinity coastal wetland.
- Ecological Information Centre of Sidi Moussa-Oualidia, with Abdelhak Fahmi, the educator who runs a centre that is a collaboration between the Kingdom, the municipality, and the national BirdLife partner.
- Ramsar COP14 for WLI members, with Chris Rostron, who will be attending the Wetland Convention and championing wetland centres and education to the members.